Leighton Wesleyan Church

This is not a town, but a locality with a cluster of functions.

The post office opened in 1877 officially as Leighton (Baldry), though Baldry was some 6 km west.

There was a school from 1880 and later a District Hall and sports grounds including a polo ground, and provision for bowls, croquet and tennis.

The Leighton Wesleyan Church was further towards Baldry as were the sporting facilities, but the Hall and School were together.