The town of Douglas, in the Hundred of Baldina, was proclaimed on 17 May 1877 and offered for sale 28 June 1877. Unsold lots were again offered in 1878.

There was a Primitive Methodist Church at Douglas, but it was some distance away from the town site well to the east of the Baldina Creek ford and near the Thistlebeds homestead.

Ruins are all that remain.