Black Springs Trinity Lutheran Church

This church was three different denominations before it finally became the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church:-

Wesleyan from 1869 -1897

Anglican Church of Ascension from 1898 -1962

Trinity Lutheran from 1963

Reference Burra Library LHBLA 1 LU 00001

1963

The Lutheran Church acquired the building which is 22’ x 31½ with 16’ walls and a roof pitch of 45º. The Lutherans added a porch (or narthex) and it was dedicated on 28 April 1963 as Trinity Lutheran Church.

For information on the history of this church before it became a Lutheran Church, please refer to Black Springs Wesleyan Church and Black Springs Anglican Church of the Ascension, 1898.