Redruth Lutheran Church

The original St Paul’s Church was on Lot 10.

The foundation stone for St John's Lutheran Church Redruth was laid 27/3/1851.

In 1851 the discovery of gold in Victoria saw the German miners join with everyone else in a mad scramble to try their luck.

The Burra Burra Mine closed and the partly completed church was abandoned when the wall about 1 metre high.

Building resumed in 1859 and the church was in use from 1861

It was destroyed by fire in 1910