St Dymphna's Church

The Catholic Church Endowment Society Incorporated granted land to the Catholics of the district of Booborowie on September 23, 1896. By November 1901 the Catholics of the district were working hard to gather funds to build a church.

St Dymphna's Church was finally built in 1903, much to the jubilation of the congregation who had been celebrating Mass till that point, at the Booborowie Station Wool Shed. The stone was carted in horse and drays by local farmers.

In the 1920s additions were made - chancel sanctuary and the front porch. Each year there were St Patrick's Days Celebrations with sports events, followed by High Tea and a Ball. The sports continued until 1962.

The Parish Priest is now based in Burra.