St Andrew's Anglican Church, Mt Bryan

The land for the Church building was given by Mr A. G. Gebhardt, who with Mr H. L. Hatherly were the first Wardens of the church.

The Foundation Stone Laying and the Dedication Service was conducted by Archdeacon Bussell. The actual stone was laid on 29th July, 1914, by Mrs H.L. Hatherly and the Dedication Service was held on 13th January, 1915. The cost of the building and furnishing was £610 and the debt of £150 was finally paid off on the 4th February, 1921.

The Consecration of the Church of S. Andrew was strangely enough, not carried out until 1933. This church was the second one built in the Parish. The Church at Black Springs was purchased from the Methodist Church.

The Church has two stained windows in the Sanctuary. One in memory of John Hatherly (died 9/3/1915) and the other in memory of Andrew Barker Hooper (died 28/11/1914).

The Altar cross and candlesticks were given by the Barker family at Baldina; the Lectern by the Burr family at Eudunda, while the Sanctuary hangings and Altar linen were made and given by Mrs Boyd (the priest's wife) and Mrs Hatherly.

Pews were installed in 1960.

The building was renovated twice: once in 1935, costing £95 and later in 1958-9, costing £375.

Services were held in Mt. Bryan before the building of the Church. There are records of Services being held in private homes, the school and the Institute.

The Golden Jubilee Eucharist on 10th January, 1965.

St. Andrew's has been closed for a number of years and is now privately owned.