There were plans to build St Saviours in Redruth, but the church never came to fruition. Here is an extract from Ian Auhl's, "The Story of the 'Monster Mine'", p.301 which provides more details:-

Plans for an elaborate church, complete with spire, had been drawn up by Ibbetson* himself and his sketch and design forwarded to lithographers in London. The foundation stone along from the walls had disappeared, leaving only the foundations. The foundation stone of a new church, to be named St. Saviour's Church was laid by Bishop Short in September of 1859 and a sum of £400 or so raised.

Except for some pointed questions which appeared in the press in December of 1868 concerning the fate of the £400, little more was hear of St. Saviour's. By that time, the stone from the walls had disappeared, leaving only the foundations. The foundation stone along with its bottle of Burra ore and an S.A.M.A. money order had vanished too. Ibbetson had left Burra in 1863 and his successor, the Rev. Lionel W. Stanton could only advise enquirers to ask the Rev. Ibbetson now rector of St. John's Church, Adelaide, for an explanation."

* A copy of the drawings is kept in the Historic Room of St. Mary's Church, Burra.